TABS

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Busting down the Brickwalls

Image courtesy of paisan191 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net (brick wall)
Even though I haven't solved the mystery yet, I must say that I discovered a pattern along the way!
I have eliminated one set of Pearson living in 2 counties in New York.  I did this by finding a cemetery record that implicated the wife's maiden name.  After doing additional quick searches, I was able to determine this was not the right family I needed to find.  This could have deflated my research, but quite the opposite.  It geared me up for the next ride.  Then I found another family that had lived primarily in Westchester County, New York.  The father (William) moved to Ontario, Canada with his daughter sometime after she got married to a William Walsh.  I still  have to confirm this is the right family by using other resources.  BUT, I was able to see some bricks knocked out!  Which is a victory for me at the moment!

Mystery #2

My great-grandmother Clara Mitchell, she is a lady of mystery that has always intrigue me for many years!   She was born in 1911 in Henryetta, Oklahoma.  Her mother is Missouri Cole (a Native American descendant) and her father is Benjamin Mitchell.  Great-grandma Clara got married at the age of 16.  The family tale has it that her father waged his daughter Clara in a poker game and lost.  She "had to marry" John Andrew Boykin, a Texas man who happen to be in town.  It is a tale.. that can be neither prove or disproved at the moment.  Gr. Grandma Clara began to have babies (18 children in all)... only 13 lived past the age of 8 months.  When I first began to research my gr. grandmother Clara in the late 80s, I didn't have a lot to go on.  When I was able to connect to the internet... The Tangled Web She Weaved! ....

No comments:

Post a Comment