TABS

Sunday, June 14, 2015

MS Access 2013

I have been watching youtube videos of how to begin creating a database using MS Access 2013 to use not only for keeping track of my genealogy research but to create forms for my future online business. I think I have the fundamentals down to create the research forms to suite my needs.

As I was watching the video, my mind floated else where to how I wanted the design to look. I am one of those that cares about what is going on under the hood as well as how the design will look once I am working the data.  I couldn't help but wondered if I am just wasting time with this learning process or will it at the end of the day, be all worth it?

I have heard many different views on using Access for Genealogy and thought it wouldn't hurt to give it a try... When I get a chance I am going to be creating a database that will host many different aspect to my research. One of the problems I have is creating duplicate files, which prompted this whole thing in the first place! So, I was thinking if I could create a database that would not only store the information but tell me where it is located and what ancestor has the record.


Think I will begin to sort through my paper file next while I contemplate the design of the form and the tables, queries, and forms... I am sure something will pop up =)







No comments:

Post a Comment