TABS

Friday, July 10, 2015

Family Time!

I haven't had time to blog these last few weeks because I had family come in from California to visit my mom and I for six days. We visit many places and done a lot together. One of the most memorable was when my mom and I decided to take my cousins on a picnic at the Cherokee Heritage Center in Tahlequah, Oklahoma.  I wasn't expecting to see my 5x great grandpa name on the memorial monument, so this was pretty exciting! Hair Conrad was my 5x great grandfather on my mother's side.





It had been a year since I had seen my cousins and it had been an awesome visit.  They left this morning to go back home. It was sad to see the visit end so soon!  I can't believe I have been in Oklahoma for a year already and have no desires to go back to California other than to see my family.
Go figure that one lol! I had never wanted to live in Oklahoma. My grandfather (mom's dad) wanted me to come out here and go to Northeastern State University and I used to tell him no grandpa I don't want to live in Oklahoma. I think it was because I had used to the key word: NEVER
The old saying is never say never. I had forgot I had said never to him.



No comments:

Post a Comment