TABS

Thursday, June 25, 2015

What was I Thinking?!

I can not believe the hot mess my files are in!.... What was I thinking? Apparently I wasn't when it came to making notes after notes and lets just say I am still finding notes. Most of these notes are just re-written on an index cards.  The pre-internet day notes are not source cited and not in order {sighs}

Lets go back in time when it was the pre-internet age:

I didn't have a way to scan my notes to save on a "Floppy" and fast-forward by 10 years later.. Life  was in the way of my genealogy life and it didn't occur to me that I should be scanning my genealogy notes!

I felt the need to make "extra" copies of some records I copied from the "Index" book at my local library.
Please keep in mind I was only 20ish and not even 2 yrs in my genealogical career path with no guidance but my instincts =)

What I know now... I wish I can go back a create good organizational among my files BUT the good news is that all is not really lost nor is my sanity when I see my files in heaps of stacks ready to be looked at and filed correctly with a fresh new look!

I just have to find a good organizational method that will work for me and not look like I have totally lost my mind =) 



No comments:

Post a Comment